Home>World News>Baby nearly dies after swallowing 4cm long pin that sticks in his lungs
World News

Baby nearly dies after swallowing 4cm long pin that sticks in his lungs


A baby has miraculously survived after swallowing a 4cm long sewing pin.

The nine-month-old boy underwent a two-hour operation and had the pin successfully removed from his lungs.

The incident happened in China when the boy’s mother Ms Li was sewing at home and left her sewing kit on the table.

The tot pulled the pins out of the box and started putting them inside his mouth, Ms Li told KanKan News .

The mum removed two sewing pins inside the boy’s mouth but found one missing.

A baby swallowed a sewing pin by mistake and had it stuck in the lung

 Disabled mum faces eviction after Universal Credit left her unable to pay rent

She informed her husband and rushed to the nearby hospital with their son.

They were told the operation would be too risky that doctors failed to retrieve the pins after visiting several hospitals.

Doctors removed a four-centimetre-long pin from the baby’s lung

Two days later, they went to Nanjing Children’s Hospital where the boy received an X-ray scan at the respiratory department.

Dr Zhao De Yu said: “The pin is stuck in the left bronchi and pierced through the tracheal wall and lodged in the right side of the lung.”

Dr Zhao found the pin stuck in the left bronchi and pierced to the right lung

 

She pointed out that it would be a high-risk surgery and would need a cardiothoracic surgery team standby in case of emergency.

The doctors removed the pin, measuring four centimetres long, under a two-hour operatin.

The tot was given breathing machine after the operation and will soon transfer to general ward.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online



Source link

Review Overview

Summary

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *